Natural Hair Journey NanaAdjoa Siede
- http://cieng.com/ WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO GO NATURAL?
Honestly, it initially wasn’t about going natural. I was just got tired dealing with weaves and figuring out what to do with my hair. It was pretty long and healthy, and all I could with it was a bun, so I went for the big chop.
- see HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN NATURAL?
It’s been a couple of years.
- http://mowwowmedia.com/top_10_creative_ideas_for_graduation_photos/ DO YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR? IF YES WHAT BRAND DO YOU USE?
I color my hair every now and then. I use L’oreal permanent color, but because I didn’t bleach it per my sister’s (who’s a hair stylist) advice, I had to do it a few times to get the desired color.
- WHAT IS YOUR HAIR REGIMEN LIKE?
I try to keep the color vibrant with retouches. I use blended oil (Doo Gro anti itch growth oil, tea tree oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E) for my scalp and hair, curl enhancing smoothie, and coconut curling cream. I wash weekly with Pantene Deep Conditioner and Cowash Cleansing Conditioner. I use a twist sponge every now and then too.
- DO PEOPLE COMPLIMENT YOU ON YOUR HAIR?
They do, actually. Quite often.
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU DUST/TRIM YOUR HAIR?
I don’t really trim, probably because I don’t let it grow too long. I cut it at least once a year.
- WHO IS YOUR NATURAL HAIR CRUSH?
Hmmm, my natural hair crush. Haven’t really thought of it! Maybe Chrisette Michele! She be giving me life!!
- DO YOU THINK NATURAL HAIR IS JUST A TREND?
I think it kinda is. For some people at least. Just because it hasn’t always been this popular. Much respect to those who stay true, cause it takes a lot to keep it healthy, especially when growing it long.
- SHARE WITH US A DIY NATURAL HAIR TIPS THAT YOU FOLLOW.
DIY? You coming make me lie na oh! Don’t think I have one! Just keep your oils close especially in the winter months. Hair like mine dries up really fast.